- Strengthen public understanding of the causes and consequences of poverty and hardship around the world and in Australia; and
- Encourage research, discussion and action to address these problems, including action by individuals, communities, organisations and governments.
1. Tell people about poverty
2. Encourage debate or discussion
3. Call for action
4. Encourage people to express their views
5. Provide some practical help
6. Promote a local community service
7. Get the local community together
8. Do something artistic or spiritual
9. Organise a collection or raise some money
10. Volunteer or donate
Poverty and severe hardship affect more than a million Australians.
Around the world, more than a billion people are desperately poor.
In Anti-Poverty Week, YOU can help fight poverty and hardship!
|Tags: Identity wellbeing|