Happy New Year! 2018 is shaping up to be a big year in the cyber security space and we are excited to be working with you.
To kick start the new year we have a range of resources that you can use in your workplace to encourage your team to practice good cyber security behaviour.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
· These screensavers and desktop backgrounds can be used to share simple cyber tips with your staff.
· You can put this poster up around the office, meeting and break rooms.
· Our regular news articles are great for your intranet, internal newsletters and blogs.
· Our practical guides are a great quick reference resource to promote good online security habits. Printed copies are available on request.
· Take the opportunity to refresh your team during staff meetings on your cyber policies.
If there are other resources you are interested in, or you have ideas on how we can work together, please get in touch.Safer Internet Day 2018
This year's International Safer Internet Day is on Tuesday 6 February
, and the theme is 'Create, connect and share respect: A better internet starts with you.'
The Office of the eSafety Commissioner has a range of resources
for you to use to promote the day. Stay Smart Online will also be sharing content on Facebook in the lead up to and on the day, and we encourage you to share.Commonwealth Games 2018
The Commonwealth Games is taking place on the Gold Coast in April 2018. Not surprisingly, a major live event like this can draw unwanted attention from cybercriminals, making Games-goers a prime target for scams.
To help you remind your audiences of the simple steps they can take to protect themselves online, we will be providing partners with a resource kit including social media content news articles and imagery.
So stay tuned and we'll be back in touch in touch soon!
Stay Smart Online team
W: staysmartonline.gov.au | E: StaySmartOnline@ag.gov.au